Since the camera is the major highlight of the phone, let’s talk about it first. The phone embraces a quad-camera setup on the back. The camera quadruplet comprises of a 48MP main camera, which uses a Sony sensor and an f/1.8 lens. A 16MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP macro lens, and a 2MP depth sensor complete the camera module. On the front rests a 32MP selfie shooter right under the punch-hole cutout.
Performance-wise, you get the HiSilicon Kirin 980 chipset, which is the flagship SoC in Huawei’s arsenal. The performance is further complemented by 8GB of RAM. The phone also ships with GPU Turbo 3.0 software, which promises smoother gameplay even while playing high-end and demanding games.
Talking about the storage, Huawei Nova 5T comes aboard with 128GB of onboard memory. However, you won’t get an option to expand the storage any further as the phone lacks an SD card slot.
On to the display front, Huawei Nova 5T features a 6.26-inch IPS panel with Full-HD resolution. Just like on the Galaxy M40, Vivo Z1 Pro, and the Samsung flagship devices, the Nova 5T also gets a tiny punch-hole cutout on the top of the display. Since there is no OLED panel, you won’t get the in-display fingerprint here. Awkwardly, Huawei managed to place the fingerprint scanner on the side. In addition, you will get Face Unlock feature as well.
The power supply to the phone is provided by a 3750mAh battery. Huawei has also included 22.5-watt SuperCharge support with which the phone gains up to 50% of charge just in 24 minutes.
Huawei Nova 5T Specifications:
- Display: 6.26-inch IPS LCD display with a punch-hole cutout
- Resolution: Full HD+ (1080 x 2340 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio @ 412 PPI
- Rear Camera: quad-camera setup – (48 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide) with PDAF) + (16 MP Ultra-wide (13mm) with f/2.2) + 2 MP, f/2.4 macro lens + 2 MP, f/2.4 depth sensor
- Front Camera: 32 MP lens with f/2.0
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 980
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB internal memory, No memory card for storage expansion
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 3750mAh, 22.5-Watt Fast charging
Huawei Nova 5T Price in Nepal & Availability
Since the phone is targeted for the upcoming festive season, Huawei could launch the device before the end of Bhadra. The Nova 5T recently launched in Malaysia for the price of $379. Since Huawei Nepal prices the smartphone close to the international pricing, we can expect the same this time around. And if that happens, the phone should be available for around Rs. 50,000.